Monday, November 15, 2010

Dream World

There is something about great photography that makes me question if some of the things captured truly exist. My friend showed me a photographer, Jeff Mitchum. His photography fits right in that catagory, making me question if we even live on the same planet.

"When words were inadequate to describe the light of nature's art, God created Film."
jeff mitchum



The caption Jeff put with this picture said, "when i saw the results i thought, "monet". He would/did these surreal life places. my attempt at honoring the great master!" I think his attempt was extremely sucessful



This final image really caught my eye, not really based on the picture but on the Title, enchantment.
"a scramble over the rocks and stream to reach my position. several rain squalls later the storm broke. and light filled in at angles that created shadows accentuating the scene. enchantment was born!"


I honestly did make the title for my blog before seeing this. But everything about design is true to enchantment.. or at least my definition of it! Taking what we see to be true with our eyes and transforming things can inspire and intrigue people to a world that is not visible to most. yeah i know this is a little out there but now people might get a little more meaning out of my title than that disney movie.




No comments:

Post a Comment